Monday, September 9, 2013

WINDOWS - CYGWIN - Backup with RSYNC one drive to another, clone drive contents with rsync

Note this is not really a clone, clones work more with images in my opinion. They work directly on the block level instead of the file level.

I give you this which my own personal backup strategy for my external drives. I dont mind if you know this, I changed some of the words in my directories. Big woop.

One thing I dont cover is how I setup my scheduled tasks with Windows Task Scheduler, because I hate describing click by click you can google your way to how to set it up. I just used the default options that made sense and I run this script a couple times a week on Tuesday and Sunday.

4 Sections here:
1. This intro so this is the end of section 1
2. How to setup the main backup scripts, the actual meat of the backup job
3. OPTIONAL watch progress
4. OPTIONAL setup a progress script for the very first job (considering that the target was first empty, either way measures speed good)
 .....
 
Original text is HERE

No comments:

How to use DiskSpd to simulate Veeam Backup & Replication disk actions

This HOW-TO contains information on how to use Microsoft© DiskSpd to simulate Veeam Backup & Replication disk actions to measure disk pe...